Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Overview of the role
Providing customer service products and services for businesses and other organisations including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written contact and communications.
Set by employer.
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must: * achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G) * take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles and practices – including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- business principles and practices – including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- customer service skills – including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- communications – including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- presentation – including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- using customer service tools and resources – including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
Details of standard
Role / Occupation
Customer Service Practitioner
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
The apprenticeship will take a minimum of 12 months to complete
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and Maths and to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Link to professional registration
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
This apprenticeship standard is set at Level 2.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Months
- Age 16+
- Level 2
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS