Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Set by employer. Candidates will be expected to have worked in an operational role within the hospitality industry.
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must: * achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles and practices – including building customer profiles, brand standards and creating customer centric cultures
- business principles and practices – including financial and risk management, operating procedures and sales and marketing
- leadership – including acting as a role model, leadership styles and supervisory management skills
- team management – including performance and resource management and motivating and supporting team members
- specialist bar, concierge, events, food and beverage, front office, hospitality outlet or house keeping supervising skills
- health and safety standards, regulations and legislation within a hospitality environment
Details of standard
Hospitality supervisors work across a wide variety of businesses including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. They provide vital support to management teams and are capable of independently supervising hospitality services and running shifts. They typically work under pressure delivering fantastic customer service and motivating a team is essential to their role. The majority of supervisors’ skills and knowledge are the same but supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of functions which reflect the multi-functional nature of the industry.
Employers will set their own entry requirements, but it is expected that the individual would have worked with an operational role within the industry to start on this apprenticeship standard.
The minimum duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months.
Progression from this apprenticeship could be into a hospitality management position.
This apprenticeship standard is set at level 3.
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Months
- Age 18+
- Employed Contract