Retail Standard Apprenticeship Level 2
Overview of the role
Helping customers buy products or services from retail organisations such as department stores, garden centres, high street chains, supermarkets and online and mail order businesses.
Set by employer.
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must: * achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G) * take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices – including brand standards, building rapport and customer loyalty
- business principles, standards and practices – including achieving targets, brand value and marketing and promotion
- sales and promotion principles and techniques – increasing sales, repeat business and sales opportunities
- customer service principles and practices – including customer profiles, dealing with customers and meeting expectations
- customer communication – including active listening, face-to-face, online, telephone and written communication
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Details of standard
The main purpose of a retailer is to assist customers when they purchase products and services, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, for example, using a till.
Retailers must be passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations. Therefore, retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people and are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase.
They can work in a variety of shops and other retail establishments: small boutiques, large high street chains, supermarkets and well-known department stores are just some examples. More specialist retailers include funeral services, garden centres, delicatessens and people who work in remote environments for example in telephone, on-line and mail order retail.
Regardless of the type of products and services being sold, a wide representation of employers from across the retail industry have defined this standard and agreed that the knowledge, skills and behaviours that apprentices must have to do their job are the same.
A minimum of 12 months
This apprenticeship provides an ideal stepping stone into specialist, team leading, supervisory or first line management roles within retail and higher level training and apprenticeships
This standard is set at level 2
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Months
- Age 18+
- Employed Contract