Spectator Safety NVQ Level 4
Who is this qualification for?
- Those who are already employed or are looking to progress into a safety management role with spectator safety, and are involved in planning of safety at an event, managing resources, and developing and implementing policies
- Those wishing to take the qualification as a platform for progression onto further learning in this area (See progression to higher/further learning below).
What prior qualifications/levels of attainment are needed to take this qualification? Are there any age restrictions?
This qualification is suitable for learner aged 18+. There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification, however candidates must demonstrate adequate prior knowledge and experience to ensure they have the potential to gain the qualification
What does this qualification cover?
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Spectator Safety Management comprises of 16 units, 7 of which are mandatory and 9 are optional, totalling 50 credits. The qualification can be achieved through completion of a combination of the following units:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders (Mandatory) (4 credits)
- Assist the organisation to develop and implement policies (Mandatory) (6 credits)
- Manage own resources and professional development (Mandatory) (5 credits)
- Provide information to support decision making (Mandatory) (6 credits)
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues (Mandatory) (11 credits)
- Plan for the safety of people attending a spectator event (Mandatory) (4 credits)
- Ensure the safety of people attending a spectator event (Mandatory) (14 credits)
- Manage the use of physical resources (Optional) (7 credits)
- Encourage innovation in own area of responsibility (Optional) (4 credits)
- Allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility (Optional) (14 credits)
- Facilitate meetings (Optional) (4 credits)
- Provide advice and support for the development and implementation of quality policies
(Optional) (4 credits)
- Implement quality assurance systems (Optional) (4 credits)
- Monitor compliance with quality systems (Optional) (6 credits)
- Manage a project (Optional) (6 credits)
- Recruit, select and keep colleagues (Optional) (12 credits)
Key topics/skills/knowledge covered:
- How and why developing a productive working relationship with colleagues and stakeholders is important
- How to assist the organisation in developing and implementing policies
- How to manage own resources and identify appropriate professional development awarding excellence
- What information and why needs to be provided to support decision making
- How to identify and provide suitable learning opportunities for colleagues
- The key aspects and considerations when planning for the safety of people attending a spectator event
- How to ensure the safety of people attending a spectator event
- How to effectively manage the use of physical resources
- How best to encourage innovation in own area of responsibility
- How to allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility
- The key considerations when facilitating meetings
- What advice and support is required for the development and implementation of quality policies and how to provide it
- How to identify and implement appropriate quality assurance systems
- How quality systems can monitor compliance
- How to manage a project How to recruit, select and keep colleagues to the organisation
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification can lead to or help with attaining the following job roles:
- Event steward (sport, music, etc.)
- Security officer/Manager
- Football safety officer
- Spectator safety staff (festivals, carnivals, marches)
- Event volunteer.
This qualification can lead to the following further education:
- Management qualifications at the same or higher level
Who supports this qualification?
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Spectator Safety Management has a support from a number of employers within the sector as well as Skills Active – the Sector Skills Council for this area.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Age 18+
- Employed Contract
NVQ Certificate Mandatory Units: