Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C (or above).
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must: * achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
What apprentices will learn
- team management principles – including team dynamics, motivation and managing resources and workloads
- leadership techniques – including coaching, decision making, role modelling and managing change
- performance management – including absence management, conducting appraisals, setting goals and objectives
- relationship management – including negotiation and networking skills and customer and stakeholder management
- communications – including active listening, chairing meetings, presentation and digital, verbal and written communication skills
- human resources (HR) and legal requirements – including equality, diversity and inclusion
- operational and project management – including planning and prioritisation, collecting, analysing and using data and risk management
- financial management – including controlling budgets, delivering value for money and governance and compliance
A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
Roles/Occupations may include: Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, and Shift Manager.
Details of standard
Typically this apprenticeship will take 12 – 18 months
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
On completion, apprentices may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12/18 Months
- Age 18+
- Employed Contract