Retail Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Overview of the role
Guiding and coordinating staff, their work and sales within a retail environment.
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have worked in an operational role within the retail industry.
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must: * achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices – including brand standards, competition, customer service and feedback and sales and marketing
- business principles and practices – including product knowledge, resource management, revenue and unique selling points
- merchandising – including retail calendar, local needs, stock control and management
- leadership – including decision-making, taking responsibility and coaching and supporting staff
- team management – including coaching, conflict management, training and development and team dynamics
- communications – including face-to-face, online, verbal and non-verbal skills
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Details of standard
Retail team leaders are a critical support to managers, delivering exceptional customer service and a positive experience to customers, and may have to deputise for managers in their absence. The role is dynamic and in one day can involve a variety of different functions. Most significantly retail team leaders guide and coordinate the work of the team to complete tasks, identify and explore opportunities that drive sales, ensuring team members maintain business standards in relation to merchandising, service and promotional activities, in line with procedures. Retail team leaders gain the most of their team on a day to day basis, ensuring they are fully trained and work effectively and to the best of their ability.
Employers will set their own entry requirements, but it is expected that the individual would have worked with an operational role within the industry to start on this apprenticeship standard.
Based on the entry requirements the minimum duration for this qualification is of 12 months.
Progression from this apprenticeship could be into a junior retail management position.
This apprenticeship standard is set at level 3.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Months
- Age 18+
- Employed Contract