Our aim is excellence in health and safety, by means of continuous improvement of standards, systematically removing the causes of accidents/incidents and ill-health.
NGTC recognises its duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Regulations made under it. NGTC will comply with the above legislation and accepts its responsibilities for the Health, Safety, and Welfare at work of all its employees.
NGTC believes that ensuring the health and safety of staff, students and visitors is essential to the success of the organisation.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment
- Preventing accidents and work related ill health
- Assessing and controlling risks from curriculum and non-curriculum work activities
- Ensuring safe working methods and providing safe equipment
- Providing effective information, instruction and training
- Monitoring and reviewing systems to make sure they are effective
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture through communication and consultation with employees, students and their representatives on health and safety matters
- Setting targets and objectives to develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensuring adequate welfare facilities exist at NGTC
- Ensuring adequate resources are made available for health and safety issues, so far as is reasonably practicable
Download the full Health and Safety Policy