SIA Tutor (North East / North West Based)
This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person to train students in the relevant sector within the community, predominately delivering Award and Diploma courses but also from time to time any other qualifications within that sector.
The trainer will take responsibility for the effective running of the course and also undertake some internal moderation activities.
You’ll need these important qualities:
- Effective communication with colleagues will ensure an effective standardized approach is experienced within the team.
- You will also be required to have very good communication skills in order to train the students. Skills in clear and constructive feedback and an ability to identify development goals and review the progress of these goals on a regular basis is essential.
It is essential that you have
- Hold a teaching qualification at PTTLS level 3 or be working towards one.
- Must hold a Level 3 Conflict Management / Level 3 Physical Intervention as well as Door Supervisory experience within the last 3 years.
- Must meet the CPD requirements to maintain ongoing memberships.
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Duties :
- Ensuring the work area is clean and safe for all the staff and learners on an ongoing basis
- Completing the required registers and documentation for each of the learners and each of the various providers to their required standards and ensuring that these are communicated to colleagues within the required deadlines
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management.
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement & progression
- Learner requirements are dealt with quickly and effectively taking feedback from the Project Manager with regards developments with course delivery & taking action accordingly.
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements.
- To deliver training ensuring a positive learner experience & timely success.
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Deliver a timetable of learning as agreed with theProject Manager
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure quality. Full compliance with awarding body requirements.
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
- Treating the learners fairly with respect and good use of language.
- Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements.
- Working with theProject Manager to maintain a log of the equipment used by the learners and preventing loss of equipment through theft
- Attending standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices in line with current Health and Safety legislation, including health & safety department inspections & risk assessments.
- Any other requirement which may be asked of from time to time
- To ensure ILPs are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including smart target setting & incorporating planned review points.
- Timely completion of progress review at pre planned points within the learning programme.
- To complete funding body documentation for learners as required.
- To accurately complete learner progress documentation, ensuring timely success.
To apply for this role please send a copy of CV and Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org